Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our Main Goal In Life...

Des Plaines, 11:02 pm

Alhamdulillah I just watched a 15-minute video talk posted by Ramadhan Reminders in Facebook. The talk title is Ramadhan Your Second Chance, Episode 6 delivered by Sheikh Karim Abu Zeid, which I've also shared in my profile.

It is a very simple talk but yet conveys a very important message..

In the introduction part of the talk, he asks about "what is our goal in this life?"

Then I wondered, could it be to get more money or to travel to most big cities in the world or to be happy with my family?

No...

My goal in life should always be Jannah.

That should be the main reason why I'm here. Everything that I do in this life, I should strive with Jannah in my mind. 

Then I started to reflect on my past goals in life..

Long, long time ago, when I was still in primary school, my goal in life back then was always to get more A's in my exam. At the beginning of every examination week, my father would say to my sister and I that for every single A that we got, we would get RM10. Money for us back then was really precious.  My father worked hard for our family and he wouldn't simply gave us money to spend on anything that we want. So then, all of us studied hard for our exam to get as maximum A's as possible. With money as our strong motivation, we really strived and studied hard to get it, and Alhamdulillah all of us had succeed (with our parents prayer as well).  That was when we were younger..

When I was in university, I wrote this small note as reminder, which I had pasted on the wall, right in front of my study table. Every time I raised my head, I could see the note. The short note that I wrote was "Study Kerana Allah." I didn't really relate "why should I study" or my life goal as student at that time with Jannah. Maybe the reason why I wrote that note was to remind me that whenever the subject gets tough, I should persevere, hoping to get reward from Allah. My mind and heart didn't really attach to Jannah yet as the best reward from Allah..

Alhamdulillah the talk really sets a clear target in my mind. Jannah should always be my goal out of this life. I hope that I can inculcate that attachment to Jannah in my children's hearts.. Ameen..

By the way, I have not really mentioned the main content of the talk. InsyaAllah I will do it in my future post.

Jazakallah..

No comments:

Post a Comment